Thursday, January 3, 2008

Chicken Chorizo Tortilla Soup

Originally a Rachael Ray recipe, I've tweaked it to make it crock-pot friendly and added a few ingredients as well. This is a family favorite! Yum-o!

1 lb. Chicken breast, chopped

½ lb. Chorizo sausage

2 Tbs. Olive oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 red bell pepper, chopped

1 onion, chopped

4-6 red potatoes, diced

2 cans kidney beans, drained

2 cups frozen corn

1 can fire roasted tomatoes

1 qt. Chicken stock

1 sack tortilla chips, crushed

2 cups pepper Jack cheese, cubed

chopped cilantro


Add all except last 3 ingredients to crock-pot and cook on LOW 6 hours. Put crushed chips in bottom on each bowl. Top with cheese and cilantro.

This recipe crock-pot converted from:


1 comment:

Jamie Wooddell said...

Sounds great! I'll have to try it. I admit, I don't use my crock pot often enough. But I really enjoy cooking. Normally recipes that take 30 minutes or less. But I should use my crock pot when I know I won't have time in the evenings or when I just don't feel like cooking. Would save us a lot of money!!